The Future of Employment
The world economy has haemorrhaged more than 30 million jobs since 2007, three-quarters of them lost from advanced economies. Slow job growth is seen as the weakest link in the global recovery, challenging both developed and emerging economies.
In partnership with the World Economic Forum, CNBC hosts this debate focusing on what business, education and government must do to boost employment.
– Adi B. Godrej, Chairman, The Godrej Group, Godrej Industries, India
– Amy Gutmann, President, University of Pennsylvania, USA
– Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder and Editor- in-Chief, Huffington Post, USA
– Philip J. Jennings, General Secretary, UNI Global Union, Switzerland
– Naveen Jindal, Executive Vice-Chairman and Managing Director, Jindal Steel and Power, India; Young Global Leader
– Jeffrey Joerres, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Manpower, USA
– Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chairperson and Managing Director, Biocon, India
– Barry Silbert, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, SecondMarket, USA; Technology Pioneer
– Maria Bartiromo, Anchor, CNBC’s Closing Bell; Host and Managing Editor, Wall Street Journal Report, CNBC, USA; Young Global Leader; Global Agenda Council on Systemic Financial Risk