In this Magento Basics Tutorials, you’ll gonna learn how to enable SEO Friendly URLs in Magento.
To do this, go straight to:
– On the left-hand side click on “Web” underneath the “General” section
– Expand out “Search Engine Optimization”
– Set “Use Web Server Rewrites” to “Yes”
– Press ‘Save Config”
There are 2 things that you need to consider once you changed the settings, setting your Magento website by FTP and Reindexing Magento.
To set Magento by FTP,
– Login to your Magento website by FTP and go to root folder
– Locate “.htaccess”
– Make sure that the .htaccess has been set to rewrite URLs (refer to video for a much clearer instructions on how to set this)
After doing all the settings, you need to reindex Magento.
To reindex Magento go to your Magento Admin Panel then go to:
– Index Management
– You can tick one or several indexes, then press submit
– Or you may reindex individually by clicking “Reindex Data” on the right-hand side of each of the Indexes
If you need a hand at any time, use the contact details below and the forums here http://understandinge.com/forum/ are always open.
See you there,
Matt & Dave