Are you looking to set up the SEO by Yoast plugin? We at WPBeginner have helped many beginners get started with their websites and SEO by Yoast is a great way for beginners to get a handle on their site’s search engine optimization. In this video we will show you how to set up SEO by Yoast.
Text version of this tutorial:
For this tutorial we will be using the Yoast SEO plugin found here:
If you liked this video, then please Like and consider subscribing to our channel for more WordPress videos.
Check us out on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Checkout our website for more WordPress Tutorials
Summary of this tutorial:
For the settings we show in this article you will want to go under SEO, Dashboard, Features, and enable the advanced settings pages.
With this and all settings you change you will want to ensure you save your changes to ensure the changes you make are kept.
For further details of all of the steps in the tutorial, feel free to take a look at our written version of this video.
The steps we cover in this video are:
– Activating advanced settings pages
– Setting the personal/company information for your site
– Where you can add webmaster verification
– How to display your site’s permalinks
– Connecting your site to social media platforms
– Creating an XML sitemap for your site to be read by search engines
– Excluding pages and posts from your xml
– Setting up breadcrumbs
– Yoast advanced settings
– Settings for pages and posts
We hope this tutorial helps you get a handle on your SEO.