This important webinar provides insight on new laws and regulations affecting California employers, and important developments in employment law that will impact your workplace in the coming year. The presenter, Erick J. Becker, head of the Labor and Employment practice, provides clear explanations on the practical impact of changes taking effect in 2017, and steps employers need to take to insure compliance. Webinar topics include:
• Extension of the Fair Pay Act to require equal pay based on race and ethnicity
• Limits on criminal background inquiries
• Changes in the requirements for providing rest periods
• Domestic Violence notice requirements
• City and county minimum wage and sick pay ordinances
• Effect of legalization of marijuana
Maintaining legal compliance with the complex web of employment laws and regulations is more difficult than ever. Please watch this important webinar so your company is prepared for the changes taking effect in 2017.