When you visit a new place, you always look around for things that might interest you. Are the people friendly and accommodating? What are the beautiful sites could you go to? Will you have an enjoyable experience in this place? That is what will also happen when a visitor visits your website. What he will encounter and experience is your web content. This is what he sees and feels.
Web content are the text that he reads, the images, animation and videos he can see, and the sounds he can hear. All of these things will greatly affect his experience in your website. That is why it is important that your site has quality content to give your visitor a wonderful experience so he will stay and be interested n what you have to offer him.
What are the Essential Elements of Quality Content?
- The length of the content must be appropriate, not too long and not too short. Content must focus on the goals and the purpose of the audience. To get an appropriate length of content use keywords with long tail. Use headings, bullet points, lists and linkages.
- Supplement your text content with relevant visual content to make it attractive. People respond to visual information better. Use images, Infographics, videos and other forms of media.
- Proper grammar, spelling and coherence in the content are very important to gain the trust of Google and the users. If not written professionally, your content can kill your brand.
- Use proper page and text formatting. Visitors will devour your content when it is easy to read, scan and skim. Google is also observant of proper content and page layout.
- Content must be written with high level of expertise and authority. The writer must be authoritative and has a high level of expertise on the topic.
- The content must provide value high value. Does it solves problems, gives answers, entertains or gives information?
- Quality content has good external and internal link profile. A link to bad neighborhood can destroy the credibility of the content or the site.
What are the Benefits of Quality Content for the Website?
- It insures the credibility of the website from the point of view of search engines
- It provides better customer service
- It provides a wider range of online audience.
In short, the key to quality content is focusing on what the audience would like to see and not what you want them to see.