When you are sitting on the beach and watching a beautiful sunset, you behold a whole horizon of colors, shapes and sights working together to make you feel relaxed, comfortable and appreciative of what you see. You will not want to leave until the darkness envelops the whole scenery. That is what web design is all about.
It is the process of gathering ideas relevant to the website and putting them together to create a beautiful web page in order to attract the user to stay. However, a beautiful web design is not enough. It must also be functional and user-friendly so the user will stay on your site.
What Elements Are Necessary to Make a Good Web Design?
- Layout: This is how the text, ads and graphics are presented. A good layout will make it easy for the users to find the information they are looking for in one glance. Therefore, the design must preserve consistency, integrity and balance.
- Graphics: Images, icons, logos or clipart can improve a web design. To be user-friendly, these graphics must be placed appropriately so that it will work with the content and color of the web page. It must be quick to load and not crowd the page.
- Color: Use colors that are gentle to the eyes. The color of the text and the background must be contrasting so that it is easier to read. It is advisable to have many white spaces to make your web page appear conventional and organized.
- Content: Design and content must work together to improve the message of the site, using text and visuals. Written text must be useful and relevant so that it can give the user what he wants and he will stay on your site. Optimized content is very necessary for search engines.
- Fonts: Many Web browsers can only read certain kinds of font which they refer to as fonts that are web-safe. Choose your fonts from this group so that they will be readable.
How to Make a User-Friendly Web Design
- Navigation: The user can freely and easily move around the site and efficiently find the information he is looking for.
- Multimedia: Visitors will be encouraged to stay if there are relevant video or audio that will help them understand the information they find on the site.
- .Interactive: Adding comment boxes and opinion polls in the design will increase active user participation and involvement.