When trying to create a website, a person is faced with many terms and technologies. He becomes confused, intimidated and lost. How can web development be more understood by a person who, for the first time, wants to create his own website? Let us compare web development with baking a cake.
What Are the Necessary Things to do Before Web Development?
- For whom is the website and why does he need it for. Before baking a cake you need to know for whom the cake is for and why he needs a cake. That is true to developing a website. Is it for a company, for an organization or for a private individual? Why does he need it? Is it for business or simply for blogging?
- Develop as many contents as you can. Before baking your cake you need to have all the ingredients ready and measured. As ingredients are to the cake, you need as much content as you can, ready for use. Users visit websites not for the design but for the content. When you have all the contents ready, then you have an idea of how big the website should be and what structure you are going to use.
What Are The Steps for Web Development?
- HTML – This is the basic cake of your website. HTML will translate your content into a format that is understandable to browsers. It is the foundation of your site built around your contents. HTML’s principles of a well-developed page are validation and accessibility. Validation is following the rules of physics. Accessibility is giving everyone a chance to equally access your content.
- CSS – This is putting icing on your cake. It is the presentation of the website. It controls the layout, design and color of the site. CSS3 will make your content attractive, creative and with expressive style.
- PHP – This is technology used on the side of the server. Empowering your server allows your website more pages. It is secure, stores confidential information and retrieves data.
- MySQL – The last step is to store all your information into a database.
Now you are ready to launch your website.