Over three quarters of the world’s poor live in rural areas. Most depend on agriculture to earn a living. However, rural employment opportunities are often informal, poorly paid and even hazardous. Peter Wobst, Senior Programme Officer of the FAO Strategic Programme on Rural Poverty Reduction together with Ileana Grandelis, Rural Employment Officer of the FAO Social Policies and Rural Institutions Division explain how promoting full employment and decent work in rural areas can contribute to food security and poverty reduction. They describe the FAO policy work, including key policy messages. This video forms part of a series of policy and governance videos being produced by FAO in 2016.
Follow #UNFAO on social media!
* Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/UNFAO
* Google+ – https://plus.google.com/+UNFAO
* Instagram – https://instagram.com/unfao/
* LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/fao
* Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/faoknowledge
© FAO: http://www.fao.org